Panola Partnership Services
The Panola Partnership is committed to strengthening the economic development of Panola County by supporting the needs and goals of local commerce while recruiting new business and industry to the area’s major municipalities. Our job is to streamline the relocation process, acting as liaison between the community and its corporate citizens. Some of the services we provide include:
- Assistance in identifying buildings and properties that fit client’s needs
- Assistance in securing incentives and grants, both local and state
- Assistance with tax abatements and other incentives
- Collaboration with the local WIN job center to coordinate hiring of employees
- Collaboration with Northwest Community College to coordinate training assistance
- Provision of current demographic information
- Provision of detailed labor information
- Partnership with the Mississippi Development Authority to provide state assistance on projects
- Partnership with local utility companies to coordinate and provide information
- Relationships with elected officials to address issues of local concern such as incentives and zoning, etc.
- A one-stop shop for project development
A permit is required before undertaking any construction on property within the city limits of our municipalities.
Visit the City of Batesville’s Code Enforcement website for contact information, site and building design standards, variance requests, and permit applications. For questions, contact Pam Comer at 662.563.6621.
The Planning Commission of the City of Batesville meets on the last Monday of each month (except when the first Tuesday of the next month falls on the next day). To get an item on the agenda, information and materials must be submitted to the Planning Commission a minimum of 15 days prior to the meeting. Those with items on the Commission’s agenda must attend the meeting.
For questions about construction & permitting outside the Batesville city limits, contact Chad Meek at Panola County Land Development at 662.563.6313. You may also visit the Panola County Government website for contact information, land use and zoning information, variance requests, permit applications, and more. The Panola County Land Commission meets on the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Meetings are held at the Panola County Courthouse in Batesville in January, March, May, July, September, and November. Meetings are held at the Panola County Courthouse in Sardis in February, April, June, August, October and December.
For access to Panola County GIS, click here.